SSS Premium® PIO Capacitors
Constructed in the USA using the finest materials, these are brand new, made using vintage spec aluminium foil and Kraft paper film, impregnated with castor oil and hand soldered before being hermetically sealed in their aluminium cans. All measured to a fine capacitance tolerance of +/- 5%
These paper in oil capacitors are comparable to the highly sought after Bumblebee and Vitamin-Q caps from days gone by. Roll back the tone, the clarity shines through.
Choose from either 0.015uF, 0.022uF or 0.047uF.
The 0.015uF pairs perfectly with the neck humbucker position in a typical Gibson® setup. Combined with a 0.022uF in the bridge position, you have a beautifully balanced setup.
Typically, 0.022uF is used with humbuckers whilst 0.047uF are used to tone down single coil pickups. Au contraire, a 0.022uF works beautifully in a Strat, for example. So go figure! Naturally, it comes down to personal taste.
These PIO capacitors feature in each SSS Premium® wiring harness
SSS Premium® Paper In Oil Capacitors Features:
- Guitar & Bass Friendly Size (20.5mm length x 9.5mm diameter)
- Capacitance Tolerance: +\- 5%
- Voltage rating: 600v
- Sturdy 20 AWG tinned copper wire leads
- True vintage Kraft paper in oil construction (PIO)
- Mil Spec standard (hermetically sealed tubular case with sealed glass ends, ensuring no drift over time)
- ROHS compliant
Made in the USA