HSS Stratocaster Wiring Kit
£64.95 - £87.45
HSS Strat wiring is confusing at best:
- Which pot values do I use? 250k or 500k?
- Which capacitor value do I use? .022 or .047?
- What about the difference in tone when a single coil and a humbucker both use the same pot or capacitor value?
- Is it not typical to use a 0.022 for humbuckers and a 0.047 for single coils? Likewise for pot values, 250k for single coils and 500k for humbuckers?
Our HSS Strat wiring kit answers all of the above. It uses a combination of everything and the clever use of resistors ensure your single coils see 250k pots/.047 capacitor and your humbucker sees 500k/.022 capacitor.
The diagram also allows you to partially coil split the humbucker, allowing all the typical strat switching options we all know and love, with the addition of full humbucker mode for that added growl.
Wiring kit consists of:
- 1 x OAK Grigsby 5 way "superswitch"
- 2 x 500k SSS Premium Taper® pots (CTS)
- 1 x 250k SSS Premium Taper® pot (CTS)
- 1 x 0.022 orange drop capacitor
- 1 x 0.047 orange drop capacitor
- 2 x 470k resistors
- 1 x treble bleed capacitor (optional)
- 1 x Switchcraft 1/4'' jack socket
- Heat shrink rubber tubing
- 5ft cloth wire (2.5ft black/2.5ft cream)
- HSS Strat Wiring diagram
- Optional SSS Premium PIO capacitor upgrade
Need you control knobs/switch tips?
Please note CTS pots and OAK/CRL switches will not take import control knobs. If you need you control knobs, they are available here.