4-Way Telecaster® Wiring Kit
£39.95 - £53.40
When the switch is in position 4, the neck and bridge pickups play in series together resulting in a fuller, fatter tone. Other switch positions are the same as a normal Telecaster®, giving you the best of both worlds.
Our guitar wiring kits are perfect if you are building your own guitar or make fantastic upgrades to many imported guitars or great for replacing the stock electronics in the majority of DIY guitar kits.
4 way Tele® mod kit includes:
- 2 x SSS Premium Taper® 250k solid shaft pots (CTS)
- 1 x 0.047uF orange drop capacitor
- 1 x Treble bleed kit (optional)
- 5 ft of USA made, 22 gauge, cloth covered wire (2.5ft white, 2.5ft black)
- 1 x OAK Grigsby USA 4-way switch
- 1 x Switchcraft USA 1/4'' mono jack socket.
- Heat shrink tubing to protect the key joints (notably the jack)
- Optional SSS Premium PIO Capacitor upgrade
Easy to read wiring diagram
Will This Fit My Guitar?
Please note - if installing into an imported model or a Telecaster® copy, you may be required to drill the tone/volume holes larger. The CTS pot shaft is 3/8'' (9.52mm) so we recommend drilling to M10. The Switchcraft jack is standard size (9.52mm) but some imported models/DIY guitar kits use metric size. You may be required to enlarge the hole on the jack plate very marginally.
Important notice - this kit does require some minimal modification to the neck pickup. You will be required to unground the pickup casing and then add a second ground wire from the casing to the main circuit. It is simple to do but if you are not comfortable please take your guitar to a guitar tech who can do this for you.
For full installation instructions including how to modify the neck pickup, read our 4 way Tele® wiring mod guide.
Alternatively, we offer a prewired version, ready to install.