Soldering Braided Guitar Wire
Grounding pickups and toggle switches that use braided guitar wire can be tricky - the below video offers an easy technique to use yourself. The key is maintaining a well tinned soldering iron which allows for heat transfer and easy flwo of solder onto the braid.
- Tin the back of the pot where you want to ground the braided wire
- Hold your soldering tip (ensuring it is well tinned) against the side of the braided to transfer heat.
- Start to flow in your solder - it will gradually creep up the braid.
- Hold the wire firmly in place with a screw driver or similar device and rotate your soldering iron to spread the solder over the braid.
- Repeat this process on the other side of the wire.